Catalyst Marketing Agency is a creative agency that is driven by strategy and known for delighting clients. We exist to jolt your creativity.
Our Creative Director is the driving force that keeps the creative side of Catalyst at the top of its game—they make sure no talent goes to waste, and the work stays sharp. Creative Directors combine hands-on killer design and copy skills, with a proven ability to make solid decisions and push their team to deliver stunning work developing original creative concepts and approaches as well as overseeing concept development all the way through execution.
The Creative Director (CD) position should not only act as a mentor for the creative employees working underneath them, but also work seamlessly across departments to deliver the best work possible. Our Creative Director contributes to the development of both B2B and B2C creative assets, including short- and long-form content (eBooks, presentations, infographics), ads, landing pages, digital media, video, and marketing strategies. They will drive the collaborative efforts of the project, and drive the team to exceed client expectations on all levels. As CD, we expect you to support the Catalyst culture and standards both within the company and to our clients and be as passionate and excited about your work as we want our clients and their customers to be.
- You live for crafting amazing visuals and concepts.
- You have award-winning conceptual skills, plus a command of the digital space and the talent to take advertising campaigns across diverse platforms.
- You’re a leader who can both inspire and hold folks accountable.
- You move fluidly between working with a team and working independently, adding value in both modes.
- You thoughtfully plan the work ahead of you, but, when plans invariably change, easily pivot to finding creative solutions in the moment.
- Work closely with the ECD, Strategy, and Account team to lead and steward campaign development from initial brief to final delivery.
- Champion great art and visual storytelling within the agency and with clients.
- Manage art directors to deliver designs to our high standards.
- Manage and direct all content generated by the agency for the assigned projects/clients.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Develop and supervise specific art for creative campaigns, design projects, branding stories, and internal presentation materials.
- Help supervise and inspire the internal creative team and manage outside resources.
- Lead client presentations with pitches and solutions as needed in support of the ECD.
- Develop a deep understanding of client strategies, expectations, and brand voice, as well as the needs, motivations, and aspirations of a given target audience.
- Work closely with the account team, production team, and executive teams to develop creative solutions that meet our clients’ or internal team’s needs.
- Provide quality control over all art and projects.
- 6-8+ years’ experience in a creative leadership role (at least 3+ years ad agency environment)
- A strong background with experience in creative leadership in an agency environment. Recognized expertise in one of the following: advertising, collateral, identity, interactive design, B2B.
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, story narrative, digital marketing, and the creative process.
- Comprehensive awareness and love of new platforms, technologies, and trends for the digital channel and related mediums.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
- Proven leadership skills—we want someone who can move a project forward while still taking the time to foster the talents of our awesome creatives and encourage team camaraderie.
- $120,000 – $150,000 annual base salary depending on location, and commensurate with experience, skills, education, and/or training.
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company provided life and AD&D insurance
- Short term disability
- 401k plan with automatic 3% company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org